Sunday, April 15, 2007

trees and mushrooms

My daughter Julie wanted me to plant a tree for Felix's birth. I suggested the Italian purple skinned prune plum I like. I'm hoping to sample some fruit this year, as I also hope from an orange pippen, gala, frost peach and others. I planted another bing cherry this year and am hoping to beat the birds to a sample. Also planted a fuji apple this year- no fruit this year. Felix is now past his second birthday. I see that 2 of the chestnut seedlings I planted then are budding out. They are sure small compared to the big transplanted one I put in a few years ago. This year I also planted a few 2 year old redwoods. The important thing is to think about trees instead of Bushits. I bought an old ford 8n tractor and am shopping for a 4' brushog attachment. I intend to get rid of a lot of bush's this year. Bushes, shrubs, brush and blackberries want to take over the world and choke out the trees. Sometimes I use a chainsaw if they get too big. Looking forward to using my tractor in the battle. Be sure to eat your broccoli. I have some starts in

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home